Divisional Financial Controller
Our client is a highly successful, innovative and rapidly expanding IT business specialising in providing sophisticated and data-driven solutions to the e-gaming industry. The group has increased significantly in size in recent years through acquisitions and organic growth and now operates from 12 offices worldwide. Following recent private equity investment they are looking to continue their rapid international expansion.
We are looking for a driven and ambitious Divisional Financial Controller to support the business. The role will be based out of London and will require some travel and interaction with local finance teams across Europe or elsewhere as necessary in the first 6 months.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 4 years’ experience with a top accounting firm, be qualified (ACA or equivalent) and have worked in a similar industry for a minimum of 3-5 years. You will be able to demonstrate previous experience with financial modelling, month end reporting process, revenue and cost analysis, budgeting and cash flow management and be a motivated and hard-working individual with meticulous attention to detail and ability to work under strict timeline and pressure within a small team of likeminded individuals.
Salary of £55-75,000 plus discretionary bonus of up to 20% of gross salary (in line with experience).
- Reports directly to the Group FC and dotted line to the Divisional MD
- Responsible for cost reporting and relevant analysis (payroll, office lease costs, facilities management etc.)
- Responsible for detailed revenue reporting including flash revenue estimates
- Modelling, budgeting and forecasting for specific projects
- Support FP&A team in production of annual divisional budgets and forecasts
- Managing monthly invoicing to external customers
- Ensuring revenue recognition approach to new & existing contracts is in line with Group policy
- Revenue recognition and analysis for the division
- Review of Monthly Statutory P&Ls, Balance sheets and supporting information
- Production of divisional statutory reporting (including all the subsidiaries in the division) and detailed variance analysis against budget / forecast.
- Production of the MI report for the division including detailed KPI reporting
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Working with the MD of the business unit on specific investment/business cases
- Mapping and improving local accounting controls and processes
- Monthly review of divisional results with Senior Management
- Overseas implementation of new accounting software/ERP system.
- Management of UK accounts assistant and overseas accounting teams