An opportunity for a Corporate Tax Manager exists with our FTSE 250 listed client located in Bedfordshire. This is a pivotal position within the Group's Finance and Tax teams. The Corporate Tax Manager will ultimately be responsible for overseeing corporate tax, managing a small team, advising the business and working closely with the Head of Tax on transactions. Whether this is your first move away from practice or if you're looking for a new in house environment, it will be a technically challenging role with great upside.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Oversight of all corporation tax and working collaboratively with the Head of Tax and wider tax team
- Drive efficiencies and implement change to processes as required
- Manage and build internal and external stakeholder relationships to ultimately advise and execute on improved tax procedures
- Manage tax provision and corporate tax compliance process
- Ensure preparation for year-end tax reporting
- World-wide debt cap calculations
- R&D credit claims
- Responsible for coordination of corporate tax audits
- Transfer pricing review and update of documentations and policies
- Assess and monitor tax risks while contributing to the SAO process
- Work closely with Head of Tax on transactions
Required Skills include:
- Strong knowledge of tax compliance and tax accounting within intricate corporate structures
- Tax reporting under IFRS
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders; strong communication and advisory skills
- Experience managing juniors or a small team a plus
- Transactions experience, acquisitions, disposals
- Experience with Oracle/Hyperion a plus, but not required
- ERP implementation project experience also a plus
- ACA/CTA qualification(s); or equivalent experience
This will be a technically challenging opportunity for someone at a Manager/Senior Manager level. Our client is keen to hire someone up for the challenge and with the right attitude. On offer is an excellent and extremely competitive package which includes a car allowance, bonus and other strong benefits on top of the basic salary. There will be opportunity to progress within the organisation over time as well.
If you'd like to find out more, please apply and we will be in touch to discuss this further.