Our client is a FTSE 250 listed property group, growing quickly and hence looking to expand their finance offering. This role sits within the company's largest division where you will report to the Finance Director.
- Lead financial head for a Region within the division.
- Member of the Senior Management Team for the region.
- Significant interface and joint working with the Development, Commercial and Sales teams.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of all financial data for the region.
- Prepare Divisional Board meeting information, monthly management accounts and year end statutory packs.
- Review and report on sales and marketing budgets.
- Ensure projects are completely and accurately forecast.
- Prepare financial dashboards.
- Prepare financial narrative for board reports.
- Financial planning and scenario modelling for improvements to ROCE.
- Proactively contribute to project teams to aid the strategic development of sites.
- Provide accurate analysis of development options and commercial recommendations.
- Liaise with surveyors to ensure the correct forecast of build costs.
- Record and review sales and provide feedback on pricing and mix where appropriate.
- Forecast project cash flow as accurately as possible.
- Preparation and submission of start on site packs with the Operations Director.
- Help provide clarity on pre and post occupation costs and the maintenance budget.
- Investigate historic payments to establish potential for future efficiencies.
- Manage miscellaneous payments for the region.
- Review and control pre-development expenditure across projects.
- Provide project viabilities, and ensure financial paperwork is up to date and complete.
- Oversee the financial and legal aspects of estate management including setting up the service charge budget and reserves.
- Review of the development’s commercial property assets and implementation of occupation and sales strategy.
- Co-ordinate and complete ad-hoc requests.
Knowledge and Skills
- Qualified accountant with relevant commercial experience.
- Detailed knowledge of financial and management accounting with strong technical skills.
- Ability to perform contracts review and understand underlying accounting issues.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office with Excel at an advanced level.
- Good communication skills, coupled with an analytical mind.
- Effective communicator both with finance and non-finance professionals.
- Strong report writing skills with the ability to express financial results articulately at multiple levels.
- Knowledge of development/retail business is preferred.