Our client is one of the leading house builders in the UK with a turnover in excess of £2 billion. Fully listed, the business continues to grow at a rapid rate.
Role & Responsibilities
The Commercial Accountant reports to the Commercial Finance Manager within one of two development sites within the company.
Supporting the Commercial Finance Manager, the Commercial Accountant will be responsible for helping to provide comprehensive business partnering, cross disciplinary risk appraisal and reporting to the senior management and project teams.
This role will require regular interaction and close co-ordination with the core management accounting team headed by the Financial Controller to ensure accurate reporting for the projects within this production unit.
The role also will require regular direct interaction with the Head of Finance and Operations Director.
- To support the Commercial Finance Manager to report on the Production Unit accurately
- To proactively contribute to project teams to aid the strategic direction of sites
- To ensure projects are completely and accurately forecast
- To provide accurate analysis of development options and provide commercial recommendations.
- To liaise with surveyors to ensure the correct forecast of build costs
- To review and control pre-development expenditure across projects
- To review and report on project marketing costs
- To provide project forecasts, and ensure financial deliverables are up to date and complete
- To ensure accurate recording of sales, providing analytics & feedback on pricing
- To review and control debtors, deposits and progress payments
- To post site specific journals and adjustments where required
- To forecast project cashflow as accurately as possible
- To review management information and monitor void position
- To complete ad-hoc Group information requests accurately and in line with deadlines
- Help ensure compliance of sites with relevant financial and statutory regulations including CCL licences
- Money Laundering regulations
- To ensure accuracy of tax and VAT reporting for the production unit.
- Able to get on with a wide variety of people. The role requires regular site presence and interaction with the project teams which will include people from the construction, technical and commercial teams as well as architects, contractors and senior management.
- Aptitude for commercial decision making
- Ability to pick up new skills and concepts quickly
- High degree of personal responsibility
- Able to challenge
- Organised with excellent attention to detail
- Confident and concise report writing;
- Strong excel –financial modelling would be helpful
- Excellent academic background and qualifications
- Qualified ACA, Newly qualified
- Applicant would preferably own and drive a car