Our client is one of the leading house builders in the UK with a turnover in excess of £2 billion. Fully listed, the business continues to grow at a rapid rate.
Due to internal promotions an opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Accountant. This is a highly commercial position with regular interaction and close co-ordination with finance and senior operational management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the Commercial Finance Manager reporting on the commercial activities of the Business Units
- Proactively contribute to project teams aiding the strategic direction of multiple sites
- Ensure projects are completely and accurately forecast
- Provide analysis of development options and provide commercial recommendations
- Review and control pre-development expenditure across projects
Core requirements of you:
- Ability to get on with a broad spectrum of people, interacting across finance, construction, technical and commercial teams
- Aptitude for commercial decision making
- Ability to pick up new skills and concepts quickly
- Organised with excellent attention to detail
- Confident and concise report writing skills
- A qualified accountant, likely to be a second move from practice