Real estate services business is recruiting for an Associate Director (LLP Tax Accounting & Partner Affairs).
My client is a global leader in the commercial real estate services sector. Due to a re-structure within the finance department there is now the need to recruit an Associate Director to look after the LLP Tax & Accounting & Partner Affairs.
Taking a lead role in developing, implementing, analysing and maintaining the firm's approach to partners' LLP related financial affairs, creating a control environment and ensuring compliance to accounting and tax policies for all financial data. This includes the fiscal and statutory requirements together with the provision of information to individual partners.
Build and maintain strong, effective working relationships with HR, Tax, Treasury, Finance functional teams and the LLP's external accountant.
- Ownership of the partner finance accounting processes - driving change and improvements in this area by taking charge of the process; understanding accounting, remuneration, tax payments, tax reserves and other related issues.
- Responsibility for the operational UK tax and accounting work for the LLP including:
- the monthly payment of drawings including tax reserving and other deductions
- the maintenance of individual partner's tax reserve balances
- the reconciliation of benefits and car scheme partner deductions and provider invoices
- oversee month end accounting performed by the outsourced Finance Services Centre, including relevant instruction and guidance of the accounting and relevant processes
- the statutory accounts for the LLP, working with our external Compliance team
- the preparation and presentation of management accounts for the LLP board / management team
- UK tax returns for the LLP and individual partners, working with the external accountant
- Coordinate and review the payment of income tax on behalf of the partners with the assistance of the external accounting firm
- plan and manage the year-end process work to produce partner current account and tax reserve statements for each partner and associated accounting in the partnership entity itself
- perform annual budgeting and regular forecasting for the LLP entity, in line with Group reporting requirements
- manage the cash flow forecasting and reporting for the LLP, liaising with the outsourced Finance Services Provider and the Global Treasurer
- liaise with auditors and any regulatory agencies (eg. HMRC) on LLP matters
- review of VAT returns prepared by the external Compliance team
- Reconciliation of the management and statutory accounts of the LLP within the agreed accounting framework set out by the Financial Controller, EMEA and Head of Tax, EMEA
- Manage the operational relationship with the LLP external accountant in reconciliation of the LLP tax return and any individual partner tax affairs relating to the LLP
- Work collaboratively and foster strong working relationships with Head of Partner Affairs, EMEA Head of Tax, the UK CFO and EMEA Financial Controller in the all matters relating to the LLP
- Prepare high quality, well thought through financial information and analysis suitable for senior management
- An appropriate professional financial and tax qualification is essential, probably ACA and ATT
Minimum of five years post qualification experience