Our client is an International Banking Group based in West London. The role is responsible for managing statutory tax compliance deadlines and tax obligations of the banking division. The job holder is responsible for review and preparation of tax returns. This includes advising the business and finance teams as well as taking ownership for the project management of tax related deliverables.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Prepare the Commercial Division corporation Tax computations and VAT Returns for UK and Irish entities.
- Tax accounting including irrecoverable VAT, balance sheet reconciliations and Bad Debt Relief calculations for the Commercial Division.
- Ensure tax returns are filed with the relevant tax authorities, in the correct format and on a timely basis.
- Research guidance and legislation to respond to tax related queries from internal or external stakeholders on a timely basis
- Provide support to the finance function during reporting periods such as the year end including preparation of detailed taxation calculations.
- Ensure that adequate controls are in place including those required by the Senior Accounting Officer regulations
Required skills include:
- Proven experience within a financial services tax function in practice or industry
- Experience in direct or indirect taxes
- Good excel skills
- Good commercial awareness
- Experience in financial services, Corporation Tax and VAT e.g. Asset finance
- Professional qualification in accounting e.g. ACA, CA, ACCA, CTA, ATT