A unique opportunity has arisen in West London for an Assistant Financial Controller to be part of one of the UK's most popular sports, a brand which holds unique global appeal and growth prospects.
Your role will be taking a lead role within the accounting function supporting Head of Finance and Finance Director. The main areas of responsibilities include treasury, statutory accounts and overview of AP and Fixed Assets.
Responsibilities will involve:
- Assisting in statutory accounts preparation & financial year end
- Assist in preparation on monthly management accounts and variance analysis
- Bank reconciliation, payments and daily update of bank statements in SAP
- Communication with banks
- Cash reporting on a weekly basis
- Review AP invoices are correctly booked in the system (cost centres, assets, etc.)
- Fixed assets register - monitoring of monthly additions, depreciation & disposal entries
- Elimination of intercompany transactions for consolidation purposes
Desired skills and experiences:
- Ideally Finalist or recently qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA (or overseas equivalent)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy the prospect of working in a busy office with multiple activities ongoing
- A passion for sport and/or events
Our client is experiencing rapid growth, and as such there will be high attractive career progression opportunities over the next 2 - 3 years.