My client is seeking a full-time Accounts Payable Clerk to be based in Guildford for an initial 6-month contract which, dependent on the results of the project, may become a permanent role.
The candidate must be a self-starter, pro-active, hands on and be able to work unsupervised for the majority of the time. She / He should able to implement controls and systems based on high-level control principles. In this role, you will be required to do a broad range of tasks, some of which may be out of the traditional AP role.
During the first few weeks in the role, the majority of the time will be spent setting up, obtaining management buy-in and implementing the control procedures for this project.
Construction / Oil and Gas / Engineering / Project based experience preferable due to the nature of the company.
You may also be required to drive to the project site so a driving license is essential.
Accounts payable functions:
- Match invoices to PO's
- Raise queries with suppliers where necessary
- Flag invoices requiring further reconciliation
- Reconcile supplier statements with invoices and payments
- Communicate & resolve issues with suppliers
- Ensure proper cost coding from PO's for GL processing
- Receive and record invoices from suppliers
- Obtain receipts or other verification when accounts were paid
- Process the invoices and attach that information to the relative project or department for job costing and financial statement purposes
- Match and file invoices with their matching receipts
- Record and compare invoices received with estimates and/or forecasts
- Make sure invoices are approved in time to meet established payment cycle
- Remit payments on invoices as directed by Accounts Payable management